Crown Redefines Category Performance and Price With Groundbreaking XLS Series Amplifiers
Jun 10, 2010
The new line – consisting of four models and offering an unprecedented level of performance and configuration flexibility will usher in a new era of power amplification at the entry level.
The XLS series amplifiers implement a flexible PureBand™ Crossover System. A user can select crossover points from 50 Hz to 3 kHz, allowing for precise matching of specified crossover points on most bi-amplified loud speakers. Increased Control is also highlighted by the three selectable channel modes and clip limiters designed to protect loudspeakers that can be turned on and off by channel.
PeakX™ limiters allow higher output levels than conventional analog limiting while providing assured driver protection, and deploy algorithms derived from the extensive research and development of the OmniDrive HD loudspeaker processing in Crown's flagship I-Tech HD Series.
In another major advance, the new XLS series amplifiers feature Integrated DriveCore™ Technology Regardless of AC Line sag or distortion due to other equipment such as backline or lighting gear, the user will consistently have the highest level of performance as though there is a power conditioner built directly into the amplifier. It also provides fast recovery on peaks, accurate reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low-frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
Further simplifying ease of use, an intuitive front panel work surface with LCD display provides fast and easy menu-based system setup and full amplifier diagnostics.
"We designed the XLS series amplifier from the ground-up to be a category-defining amplifier. We are bringing features and technology to a price point that no one else is close to offering. We set out to provide users with an amplifier that would reset the standard for power, performance, flexibility and value. Quite simply, this amplifier is a game changer," stated Andy Flint, marketing manager for Crown.
The new XLS Series amplifiers are housed in a new premium industrial design chassis, featuring a cast front panel for durability. They also feature integrated rack handles and weigh under 11lbs making the XLS Series the ultimate portable amplifier.
XLS Series amplifiers conform to Harman Professional's Green Edge™ environmental initiative. Crown's new advanced circuit components use fewer resources in manufacturing, but have also contributed to significant weight reduction in the amplifiers that result in less energy consumption. The XLS amplifier's high operating efficiency translates into greater efficiency for each watt of output and a significantly reduced carbon footprint.
InfoComm Booth #C6236
More Crown News:
- Crown Introduces VRACK: A Tour Optimized Amplifier and Power Speaker Management Rack For JBL Loudspeakers (Jun 10, 2010)
- Crown Redefines Category Performance and Price With Groundbreaking XLS Series Amplifiers (Jun 10, 2010)
- Crown Audio Introduces ComTech DriveCore™ Series Amplifiers (Jun 9, 2010)
- Crown Offers Free Online Seminars For Network Design In Audio Projects (Dec 1, 2009)
- Crown Updates Macro-Tech i Series Amplifiers (Sep 14, 2009)
- Crown Presents the CDi 6000 Fixed Installation Amplifier (Sep 14, 2009)
- Crown Introduces PIP-USP4 Processor For CTs Amplifiers (Sep 14, 2009)
- Crown Introduces Updated Macro-Tech i Series Amplifiers With Increased Power and Dual Port Capability (Jun 19, 2009)
- Crown Introduces PIP-USP4 Processor For CTs Series Amplifiers (Jun 19, 2009)
- Crown Expands Range Of Class Leading Fixed Installation Amplifiers With CDi 6000 (Jun 19, 2009)
- Crown Release From InfoComm 2009 (Jun 18, 2009)