PG Music Inc. has released the 2007 version of its popular Band-in-a-Box® intelligent music software for Windows®.
In announcing the release of Band-in-a-Box 2007
, program author and creator Peter Gannon said, "This version of Band-in-a-Box has surprised many people. The addition of RealDrums - actual live drum tracks - adds a human element that brings the music to life. The Chord Wizard "reads" chords from MP3, WAV, and WMA audio files and writes them into Band-in-a-Box. There's a Reharmonist feature that works out a chord progression for a single-note melody or rewrites existing progression, which fulfills one of our all-time leading requests. There are many more exciting features, so we hope people have fun with Band-in-a-Box 2007."
With over fifty new features, Band-in-a-Box 2007 offers users a major upgrade in features and functionality.
New features include:
- RealDrums: These are audio drum styles that sound like a real drummer, because they are recordings of a real drummer.
- Chords from MP3 ("Audio Chord Wizard"): Automatically figures out the chords from any MP3, WAV, or WMA audio file and displays them in Band-in-a-Box.
- Soundtrack Generator: Generate original, royalty-free music for any occasion.
- Generate Chords for a Melody: Generates a chord progression based only on the melody for a complete song or a selected range of bars.
- Solos are enhanced with the new "Melody Influenced" Soloist
- TranzPort® support: Wireless Remote Control support for Band-in-a-Box! TranzPort (sold separately) gives you the freedom to control Band-in-a-Box 2007 functions from anywhere in your studio.
- Audio Settings dialog: Makes it easy to mute, solo, or change the volume of the audio track.
- Punch-in audio recording to punch-in record or overdub a section of audio
- Batch-convert a folder of Band-in-a-Box songs to audio files (MP3, WAV, or WMA)
- Chord "Breaks" for practicing tempo control
- The Keyboard "QWERTY" Wizard now works with MIDI keyboard input
- Automatic Song Memo-Generation
- A new "Practice Window" allows convenient "one-click" access to many Band-in-a-Box practicing features.
- The Soloist and Melodist have been enhanced. Select "genres" of Soloists/Melodists and filter to show/not show Soloists or Melodists from sets that you don't have.
- Lead Sheet "Lyric Text Block." A large text block can now be appended to the Lead Sheet and Printout.
- Fakesheets can now optionally include the 2-bar song ending.
- Auto Piano Hand-Splitting. The Piano part now displays on both clefs, using intelligent hand-splitting routines that dynamically change the split point.
- Notation enhancements
- DXi and VSTi enhancements
For more information, visit their web site at www.pgmusic.com