Shure DJ Biology seeks to uncover and recognize the artistry that is emerging from today's club/party scene by giving amateur DJ/Producers a chance to showcase their original work. The ultimate accolade -- their own white label record, a meeting with John Acquaviva, and a trip to bump elbows with other electronic music industry elite at the 2003 Winter Music Conference in Miami, Florida. And what's a DJ to do without gear? No worries. Shure will also outfit this artist with a stellar phono gear prize package featuring the newest member of the Shure phono cartridge family -- the Shure Whitelabel.
How does it work:
- Entrants register online at www.needlz.com/djbiology in one of three categories: Techno, House, or Drum 'n Bass
- In 50 words or less the entrant must answer "What's your biology?" -- meaning what inspires you and your sound? Who influences you? What is unique about your story?
- After filling out the official registration form online, entrants print out the summary registration form and mail-in the Registration Summary plus an an Original track (Maximum six (6) minutes (artist must own all rights to music on the track))
The contest launched on www.needlz.com/djbiology
on December 2, 2002 and runs through January 31, 2003. Winner will be announced in late February 2003. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years of age or older and citizens of the United States and/or Canada (excluding Quebec). Who's Judging: John Acquaviva will be the premier judge in the final selection round. A panel of selected industry experts in each category will judge preliminary rounds.
- Two-hundred and fifty (250) DJ Biology white label records featuring the winning track
- A trip for two to attend the 2003 Winter Music Conference, includes hotel and airfare
- Shure gear package containing: one (1) Shure Record Bag, two (2) Shure Whitelabel phono cartridges, one (1) Shure cartridge carrying case, and one (1) pair of Shure E2 earphones
For more information, visit their web site at www.shure.com