An amplifier capable of chest-thumping lows that easily handles real 2-ohm loads and runs longer under difficult conditions than any competitive amp out there.
Power ratings: 975W/Ch at 2 Ohms, 660w/ch at 4 Ohms, 440W/Ch at 8 Ohms
If you've spent any time at all in professional audio, you know the name Crown and what it stands for - incredible performance and sound, the ultimate in reliability under harsh conditions and the best support in the business. These are just a few of the reasons why the world's biggest tours and most prestigious installations have Crown amps in their racks.
And now, with the introduction of the new CE Series, we're bringing what sets Crown professional amplifiers apart from all others to a very affordable price range.
CE Series amplifiers are professional tools designed and built for professional use. Engineered and manufactured by the same teams who build our acclaimed Macro-TecK and K Series amps, the new CE 1000 and CE2000 have the rugged heart and soul that has characterized our amplifiers for over 30 years.
Rather than make a cheap amplifier and hang all sorts of semiprofessional features on it, we focused on providing powerful, reliable performance with many of the same controls and features you've come to expect from Crown. You'll find front panel dented level controls, useful function indicators, proportional fan-assisted cooling, short circuit protection and more. And, to make the amplifier more flexible to the way that you work, we've provided a new SST (System Solution Topologies) module which allows you to customize the amplifier with true professional features such as fixed-point crossover cards.
The result is an amplifier capable of chest-thumping lows that easily handles real 2 ohm loads and runs longer under difficult conditions than any competitive amp out there. Plus, your investment in a CE amplifier is backed by Crown's unequaled Three Year, No-Fault, Full Warranty that covers everything. Compare the new CE 1000 and CE 2000 head-to-head with the competition and hear for yourself why Crown is the only serious choice for audio professionals.
Crown's Three Year, Full, No-Fault Warranty
Crown offers a Three Year, Full, No-Fault Warranty for every new Crown amplifier - an unsurpassed industry standard. With this unprecedented No-Fault protection, your new Crown amplifier is warranted to meet or exceed original specifications for the first three years of ownership.
During this time, if your amplifier fails, or does not perform to original specifications, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. About the only things not covered by this warranty are those losses normally covered by insurance and intentional abuse. And the coverage is transferable should you sell your amplifier.
Controls & Connectors
- Frequency Response: ±0.2 dB from 20 Hz to 25 kHz at 1 watt
- Phase Response: ±15 degrees from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- A-Weighted: Better than 105 dB below rated 1-kHz power
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz: Better than 100 dB below rated 1-kHz power
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.5% or less true THD from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) Less than 0.1% at rated power to 35 dB below rated power at 8 ohms
- Damping Factor: Better than 400 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz
- Crosstalk: Greater than 55 dB below rated power, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR): Better than 70 dB from 20 Hz to 1 kHz
- DC Output Offset (Shorted Input): ±10 mV
- Level: A detented rotary level control for each channel located on the front panel
- Power: An on/off rocker switch located on the front panel
- Mode: A two-position switch located on the back panel below the input connectors which:
- Stereo mode - operates the amplifier as two independent channels
- Bridge-Mono mode - the amplifier bridges the two output channels for twice the output voltage
- Reset: A front-panel push button used to reset the circuit breaker that protects the power supply
- Sensitivity: A two-position switch located on the back panel next to the Mode switch.
- Switchable between 1.4 volts for full output into an 8-ohm load (default setting), or a fixed voltage gain of 26 dB. 0.775-volt sensitivity available as a Service Option.
- Fault Jack: A back-panel RJ-11 jack that may be remotely monitored to signal amplifier Fault condition. An LED or other signalling device (not supplied) may be used.
- Indicators (all located on front panel)
- Signal: A green LED for each channel which flashes when a very low-level signal (>-40 dBm) is present at input. May be used for troubleshooting cable runs.
- Clip: A red LED for each channel which turns on when distortion becomes audible in the amplifier
- Fault: Normally off, this red indicator will blink under five different conditions:
- 1. When the amplifier is first powered up, until the unit is ready for operation
- 2. If the heatsinks reach a temperature above normal working limits
- 3. If the transformer thermal protection circuit is activated
- 4. If amplifier output wires develop a short-circuit
- 5. Should the amplifier output stage become nonoperational
- This circuit may be monitored remotely by plugging a simple switching circuit using an LED or other signaling device into the backpanel RJ-11 (Fault) jack. Under some conditions, the output of the amplifier will be muted.
- Power: A green LED that turns on when the amplifier has been turned on and has power.
- Input Connector (standard module): One Neutrik® Combo connector for each channel which features a balanced 1/4-inch (6.35-mm) phone jack and a 3-pin female XLR connector, in parallel with a barrier strip termination.
- Input Stage: Input is electronically balanced and employs precision 1% resistors
- Input Impedance: Nominally 20 k ohms, balanced. Nominally 10 k ohms, unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 1.4 volts for standard 1-kHz power, or fixed 26-dB gain. 0.775-volt sensitivity available as a Service Option
- Output Connectors: Neutrik® Speakon® NL4MP (mates with NL4FC) output connector and 5-way binding post (in parallel with Speakon® connectors)
- DC Output Offset: ±10 millivolts
- Output Signal
- Stereo: Unbalanced, two-channel
- Bridge-Mono: Balanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 should be turned down
Crown's Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty
- Rugged steel chassis is formed into a durable package any stagehand could love. Coated with environmentally friendly powder for long life and ease of maintenance.
- Cooling: Proportional speed fan
- Dimensions: EIA Standard 19-inch rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 5.25-inch (13.34-cm) height and 12.25-inch (31.11-cm) depth behind front mounting surface
- Weight: The CE 1000 weighs 40.3 lbs pounds (18.28 kg).
Crown offers a Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty for every new Crown amplifier - an unsurpassed industry standard. With this unprecedented No-Fault protection, your new Crown amplifier is warranted to meet or exceed original specifi cations for the first three years of ownership. During this time, if your amplifier fails, or does not perform to original specifications, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. About the only things not covered by this warranty are those losses normally covered by insurance and those caused by intentional abuse. And the coverage is transferable, should you sell your amplifier.