Deckadance is a DJ mixing application that works either as a standalone program OR as a VSTi plugin inside your favourite host. You can control Deckadance using your mouse, keyboard & most existing midi controllers & timecoded vinyl and CD systems.
Image-Line, the company behind Deckadance, has more than 10 years of experience in writing and managing audio software such as FL Studio. In developing Deckadance, we didn't just bring in some consulting DJs to tell our software engineers what they wanted. Deckadance was written by DJs for DJs, so we are confident that it will take your DJing to the next level. Of course, if you suck as a DJ, you will still suck using Deckadance, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!
Deckadance can map to any generic MIDI device using our 'auto-learning' midi function, and it natively supports Vestax VCI-100 & VCM-100, DJ-Tech i-Mix & i-Mix Reload, SYNC PCM-1, Behringer BCD2000 & 3000, M-Audio XSession & XPonent, Allen&Heath Xone:3D, Hercules DJ Console MP3 & MKII, Kontrol-DJ, Numark Total Control & EKS XP10&XP5.
The SYNQ PCM.1 comes bundled with Deckadance House Edition.
link for larger version under "More Information"
Deckadance can be fully controlled using the PC keyboard as well.
The 8 integrated Deckadance sampler banks can record 1, 2, 4 or 8 beat loops straight from one of the decks. You can then trigger them on-the-fly or play them back in perfect sync with the beat of your mix. Record parts of your track and play them back as loops or one-shot samples, using one of the 8 inbuilt sampler slots.
- LOAD WAV - Loads wave files from disk.
- SAVE WAV - Saves the current sample to disk as a WAV file.
- Volume (Vertical Fader) - Controls the output level of the sampler slot.
- Play button - Left-click for momentary playback, right-click for continuous playback.
- REC. LOOP - Records the current output from Deckadance.
- BEAT SYNC - Select to play samples on-cue and in time with the current track (if a beat is detected).
- A / B - Assigns the sampler to deck A or B.
- (Headphones) - Sends the output to the headphone mix bus.
- Effects (Horizontal Fader) - Left: Low Pass filter. Right: High Pass filter.
Deckadance provides live loop and leap capabilities not found in any other DJ application. The loop and leap functions allow to loop any 1, 2, 4 or 8 beat pattern and either loop and continue or 'leap' to the song position had looping not occurred. The integrated ReLooper will also allow you to trigger your own loops on any deck, beat perfect, every time.
- Relooper Editors
The re-looper works by slicing and re-arranging the sample currently in the playback buffer for the associated deck. The region to be re-looped is defined by the beat markers bounding the playback marker (center of the Beat Window). Re-looper patterns can be used on any track and on the bar that is currently playing. Note:Reloopers are randomized on Deckadance startup, if you want other 'random' patterns, just hit the 'randomize' button.
- Mute and Re-trigger - Right-click on the pattern blocks to cycle through Mute and 1, 1/2, 1/4th note re-trigger options. Useful for 'stutter' effects.
- To activate pattern 1 to 3 - Left-click the 'Re-looper 1, 2 or 3' buttons in the Effects panel for momentary effects. Right-click to engage permanently. Left or right-click to disengage the re-loop.
- PATTERNS 1, 2 & 3 - Click to edit the pattern. There are three patterns per deck.
- CLEAR PATTERN - Clears the pattern and creates a straight playback pattern.
- RANDOMIZE - Creates a random relooper pattern.
- BEAT ALIGN - Aligns beats.
- MIXED MODE - The pattern will play back as a 50:50 mix of the relooper and original track output.
- SWAP - Swaps the patterns between the Decks.
- Master Relooper Effects
The Master Effects don't work when Deckadance is used multiple output mode, ie: Deck A in one stereo out and Deck B in another. The Master Effects will only work on a Master Output.
- WHA-WHA FILTER - Wah wha effect. House/Daft punk style wah wah doubled (parallel) bandpass filter effect with lo-fi decimation.
- PANORAMIC LFO - Left/Right LFO modulated autopanner with some 3d effect phasing effects.
- RING-MODULATOR - Amplitude driven ring modulator (Argu stays it's 'cool!').
- TRACK-CODER - Lo-Fi distortion effect combining low order vocoder (16 bands), pitch tracking with sawtooth synthesis and foldback distortion mixed with original signal.
Deckadance can load any VST compliant softsynth or effect to give you unlimited creative potential. Included with Deckadance is our own DirectWave Player (VSTi), a loop-player that gives you total control over the sub-parts of the mix. Deckadance VST slots accept both Instrument and Effect plugins. VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugins such as The Juice Pack that are a great addition to the inbuilt effects in Deckadance. 3rd Party VST plugins: The internet is bursting with 3rd party plugins, a great place to start looking is KVR. However be careful not to go on-stage before thoroughly testing any VST you use inside Deckadance, remember they are programs not under our control and can crash, bringing your PC down with them.
- LOAD VST - Opens a browse window so that you can locate and load a VST plugin.
- E (Expand) - Opens the VST interface.
- X - Deletes the VST.
- LOAD MIDI - Load a MIDI file to control the VST.
- < > (arrows) - Step forward/backward through MIDI files in the load directory.
- Vertical Fader - Plugin volume.
- Play button - Playback MIDI file.
- A / B - Assign the VST to deck A or B.
- (Headphones) - Send the output to the headphone mix bus.
- MIDI IN THRU - Activate the slot to receive MIDI/Controller input.
Deckadance can be used as a standalone program or as a VSTi plugin inside your favourite VST host such as FL Studio, Live, Sonar, Cubase, etc. If it can host VSTs, you can host Deckadance!
The Deckadance Playlist allows to you arrange the perfect set before the gig complete with cue points, loops and beat-markers. However, if you want to make last minute changes on the fly, no problem that’s possible too. Complete with 'DJ-Style Automix' function (using Bass crossfades) so now you can take a much needed bathroom break and the boss will never know! The fastest method to add files to the Playlist is to drag songs from the Browser. The Playlist will play back from top to bottom.
- AUTOMIX - When you have to go to the loo, select this option to play and crossfade automatically through the Playlist.
- 15 to 90 switches - Automatic crossfade time.
- BASS X-FADE - Crossfades the bass along with the track volume. Useful for mixing difficult parts with conflicting drums.
- SHUFFLE MODE - Randomizes the playback order.
- ADD FILES - Opens the directory search dialog to add more music files to the Playlist.
- ADD DIR - Adds directories to the favourite list.
- LOAD PLAYLIST - Loads a saved Playlist.
- SAVE PLAYLIST - Saves the current Playlist.
- DJ-STYLE - Mixes songs with beat-matching.
DMX Lighting Sequencer
Deckadance will allow live DMX (Digital Multiplex) control of all your DMX devices in the very near future. The DMX - Digital Multiplex lighting control standard is a communications protocol, in many ways similar to MIDI. However DMX is used to control lighting, dimmers and other DMX enabled equipment such as fog-machines etc.
- 64-bit DSP, high quality processing.
- 2 decks capable of loading MP3 (Id3v1&v2), WAV and OGG aufTAKT tempo analysis. for perfect syncronisation
- 12 outputs (6 x Stereo): master mix, monitor, deck a, deck b, ...
- Seamless Looping / Cueing.
- Unique Loop and Leap feature.
- Unique Reverse and Leap feature.
- Flexible monitoring options : pre-fader listener level, phone split
- Switch/vumeters for all elements.
- Flexible crossfader modes (linear or curved w/curve adjustment).
- Seamless "beat jump" functions.
- -36dB to +12dB low/mid/high eq range control. Band kill of -48dB.
- Auto-Sync buttons.
- Auto-Slave to main tempo/host tempo button.
- Auto Beat-Sync playback start.
- Precise pitch control.
- Crossfader embedded VU meter, auto-transition & deck punch-in.
- 3 Band EQ with 3 Band killer buttons.
- Deck accurate pitchbend slow/fast control.
- Deck downbeat shift control.
- Tempo tracking switches (for tracks with variable tempo).
- Internal torque simulation with realistic mouse scratch/hold.
- Effects :
- bandreject filter
- 8 Tap 3D Phaser
- Variable 3D Echo/Flanger effect
- XY control pads
- Playlist with virtually unlimited number of entries.
- Automatic Playlist mix :
- common track crossfade
- DJ style mode! (it will beatmatch playlist transitions).
- SHUFFLE mode
- Automatic Playlist recursive directory search.
- Full drag&drop from external OLE applications
- Embedded right song browser with favourites search function
- Bass crossfader.
- Middle interface: Direct help, Peakscope and Spectroscope.
- Lot of samples and midi grooves provided.
- +500 royalty free loops downloadable
- 8-slot sampler samples from the decks and has with loop & sync
- Fully editable "relooper" [reslice / rearrange loop in realtime].
- wave & OGG loading and pitchbend support
- Works as standalone or VSTi plugin inside hosts like FL, Live, ...
- Hosts VSTi softsynths & FX
- 8-slot VSTi host with midi database
- 6 inputs (3 x Stereo deck a input, deck b input, mic.
- Vst host midi-in thru (to control hosted vst's from controller).
- On-the-fly disk recorder.
- Midi Support :
- Generic MIDI control support.
- MIDI Learn with easy to configure function.
- Native remote DJ Controller support for (more later) :
- Behringer BCD2000 & 3000
- Hercules DJ Console.
- Hercules DJ Console Mk2.
- Eks XP10 Controller (native HID/USB for full resolution)
- Vestax VCI-100
- Kontrol DJ
Minimum System Requirements
If your system meets the minimum system requirements, your free system resources (memory, CPU etc) may still impose limits on the performance of Deckadance. To determine if Deckadance is suited to your PC please download the demo
and test it on your system prior to purchase.
- Processor: PC - Intel Pentium III (or equivalent), Athlon XP; Mac - Intel Mac or G4 (1.25 GHz)
- OS: PC - Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista; Mac - OSX v10.4 (Universal Binary)
- Memory: 512MB ram
- Hard Disk Space: 200MB free space.
- GFX: A decent graphic card will make the Deckadance experience a lot more enjoyable.
- Monitor: Minimum horizontal resolution of 1024 pixels.
- Sound card: PC - DirectSound or ASIO compatible soundcard; Mac - Sound card with CoreAudio drivers
Deckadance runs multiple threads (audio, graphics, beat analysis, file searching, native USB controller IO, preview monitoring etc) so large performance gains may be expected on multi-core systems.