AKG's C 214 is a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It features rugged, roadworthy construction, an intergrated suspension, switchable attenuation pad and low cut, high RF immunity, and more. The C 214 is versitile: excellent for everything from screaming guitar cabs to subtle vocals. A spidertype shock mount and metal carrying case are included.
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound'
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
The new C 214
is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414
family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414
dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch-all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214
will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214
provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C 214
comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.Specifications:
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Powering: < 2 mA
- Dynamic range: 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector: IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net weight: 280 g (0.62 lbs.)
- Shipping weight: 1450 g (3.22 lbs.)
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)