C 414 B-XL II/STHigh sensitivity and extremely low self noise
Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
Two-color LEDs provide quick visual indication of selected polar pattern and output overload
Elastic capsule suspension greatly minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
Includes - H 85 professional shock mount/stand adapter, PF 80 external pop filter and W 414 X external windscreen.
This matched pair consists of two C 414 B-XL II microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 300 Hz to 8,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode and are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones using the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings utilizing various techniques will provide for a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
The kit includes all the standard accessories of the deluxe package (excluding the PF 80) along with a stereo bar and proof of performance charts in an attractive carrying case (large Soundtool case).
The C 414 B-XL II features high SPL capability, EMI immunity, three switchable bass cut filters, three pre-attenuation pads, five selectable polar patterns, and two-color LED's for pattern/filter/attenuation indication.
A classic microphone with a distinctive timbre especially designed for recording of solo vocals and solo instruments.
With the introduction of the Next Generation C 414 B-XL models, AKG sets new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, ease of use and available accessories. All of these improvements are answers to requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and concert engineers, but with the basic sonic character of the legendary C 414 unaltered.
- High sound pressure level capability and wide dynamic range
- Completely immune to electrostatic and electromagnetic interference from digital gear, computer monitors, etc. thanks to solid metal housing and transformerless output stage
- Three switchable bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation pads with LEDs for quick visual indication
- All switchable components operate in low impedance circuits for ultra-high reliability even in extremely humid conditions
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa (-33 dBV) ± 0.5 dB
Max. SPL 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4.5 mA
- Dynamic range: 134 dB minimum
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)