JBL JRX100 Series Speakers deliver the performance and prestige JBL Speakers are known for at an affordable price point. With performance, value and popular price points, JRX100 speakers deliver unprecedented value!
We've all heard shows where the sound was plenty loud and the music was kicking but there just wasn't any energy. Could be that the problem was inadequate bass. If your goal is to get the crowd out on the dance floor, there's no better way to do it than with plenty of tight, punchy, powerful bass. And there's no better way to get bass than with a JBL subwoofer.
For those who prefer the simplicity of a self-powered subwoofer, there's the JRX118SP. JBL started with the same woofer used in the non-powered JRX118S and added a specially designed amplifier with 500 watts (peak) and 300 watts (continuous) power output.
The JRX118SP features...
- Dual inputs with balanced XLR connectors.
- A built-in stereo crossover network - great for systems with EON or other powered satellite speakers.
- Peak limiter that protects the amplifier and speaker from clipping.
FEATURES Progressive Transition™ Waveguide
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 38 Hz - 300 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 55 Hz - 300 Hz
- Amplifier Power : Peak: 500 watts: Continuous: 300 watts with <0.2% THD
- Maximum SPL: 123 dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 597 mm x 516 mm x 597 mm (23.5 in x 20.3 in x 23.5 in)
- Weight: 40.4 kg (89 lbs)
- Low Frequency Driver: JBL 2043-G
- Input Connectors: XLR/M (x2) (line level, balanced): 1/4" TS phone jack (x1) (speaker level)
- Output Connectors: XLR/F (x2) (Selectable, Thru or High Pass)
Just one example of JBL's innovation is the PT™ Waveguide design. For decades, horn designers were faced with trade-offs between well controlled coverage, low distortion, and good frequency response. JBL developed proprietary algorithms which give our PT Waveguides the best performance in all three areas. Hardware
JRX100 doesn't scrimp on the hardware either. All the JRX models use tough, non-resonant all-steel handles with big, beefy bars. And the entire baffle (not just the woofer) is protected by an 18 gauge steel grille. JBL Drivers
All woofers and compression drivers used in JRX100 are manufactured in Northridge, California by JBL Professionals. Enclosure Construction
Competitive systems typically use particle board construction and rely entirely on glue to hold it together. For JRX100, we selected a more rugged and acoustically superior 3/4" MDF material for the enclosures. And to make sure they stay together, we constructed them with advanced adhesives and closely spaced mechanical fasteners. Not only are the cabinets rugged, but the denser enclosure walls are more riged, delivering better low end as a result SonicGuard™
Feedback, dropped microphones, pushing the amps into clipping - all these things can quickly destroy even the best high-frequency drivers. That's why JBL JRX100 speakers include SonicGuard™ protection. SonicGuard circuitry absorbs excess energy without interrupting the performance. No circuit breakers to reset, no fuses to replace and no "poly-switches" to degrade sound quality.